We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time GB decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
This Policy applies to GB, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of this website and the service, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
We gather various types of Personal Information from our users, as explained in more detail below, and we use this Personal Information internally in connection with our Services, including to personalize, provide, and improve our Services, to allow you to set up a user account and profile, create a campaign, make a donation, to contact you and to analyze how you use the Services. In certain cases, we may also share some Personal Information with third parties, but only as described below.
Information We Collect
A. Information You Provide:
"Personal Information" means any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we hold about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your contact information such as your name, email address, telephone, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
Information from Organization: as a charity or nonprofit (each a "Charity") that establishes an account with us, we will collect the name, tax ID, and physical address of the Organization, and the name, email address, and phone number of the person who establishes a Organization account (the "Organization Contact"). We also may collect, if the Organization Contact chooses to provide it, additional descriptive information about the Organization including any photos uploaded to the Platform.
"Anonymous Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data and a few other categories of information, from a few different sources, as described below.
We receive the information you provide to us when you:
- Create an account with us to log-in to our website, We may collect certain Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, email, mailing address;
- By also using our service, you may provide us with the demographic information that is not unique to you such as your gender and ZIP code.
- Account information, such as online password and other log-in details used to access the GB service;
- When you post a User Generated content or provide us with service feedback on our platform or GB community, the information contained in such user-generated content will be stored on our servers and will be available to be seen by other users who make use of the GB service.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version and other requested information if you contact us via email regarding support for the Services.
Please note that you can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the website or Services you are able to use.
B. Automated information collection
We may collect certain information (which does not identify you as an individual) about your use of the Site through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Links: The website or contents made available on the website may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
- Location Information: We may require information about your signup and current location, which we get from signals such as your IP address or device settings, to securely and reliably set up and maintain your account and to provide our services to you. Subject to your agreement, we may collect, use, and store additional information about your location - such as your current precise position or places where you have created campaign through the platform - to operate or personalize our services including with more relevant content like local campaign, events, live videos and suggestions for campaigns to support or engage with.
- Beacons: Beacons (also known as "pixel tags" or "clear GIFs") are 1×1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the website and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. We may employ beacons to facilitate website administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of the website, to compile aggregated statistics about website usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the website.
C. Information automatically collected by third-parties about you
Please rest assured that we will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of surveys and emails. It is our intention to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for on this Policy.
What We Use Your Personal Information For
Generally, GB uses the information gathered to provide, improve, and develop our website and the Services we provide to you, to communicate with you, to offer you a better service, and to protect us and our users. When you interact with or make use of the GB service, we use a variety of technologies to process the personal information that we collect about you for various reasons, including to:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your GB account;
- identify you as a user of our service;
- provide a report to a partner or Giving Box Campaign organizer who is helping promote a Organization or an event supporting a Organization to whom you have made a contribution, including your name, email address, or other similar information;
- personalize your experience with our services and we may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible services that may be available to you from us;
- allow you to participate in certain features of the website and services;
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials and for other marketing purposes;
- increase and maintain the safety and security of our website, services and community and prevent misuse;
- understand, diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix issues with the GB Service;
- communicate with you and provide customer support;
- operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our Service (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving our products and services; developing new services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- fulfill contractual obligations with third parties, for example, licensing agreements and to take appropriate action with respect to reports of intellectual property infringement and inappropriate content;
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and policies, including this Privacy Notice and our Terms of Service.
Personal Information that We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information collected through the website because we are committed to maintaining your trust, except as described below:
- Service Providers: We may provide collected data to our service providers such as Stripe. They may use your data to perform services for us and may have access to, store and process your personal data to provide services on our behalf.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share personal information or any information collected through the website with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Merger and Acquisition: We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through your usage of our Service to third parties who acquire all or a portion of GB’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- Compliance with laws: We may disclose personal information or any information collected through the website and your usage of the GB Service if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials, law enforcement authorities or a valid subpoena, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity, including without limitation to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute any criminal offense or attack.
- Consent: We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
Data Retention and Deletion
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with the GB Service and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the GB Service, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal data for as long as you are a user of the GB Service.
If you request, we will delete or anonymize your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- Where we need to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
Keeping Your Data Safe
As a matter of policy, we are committed to protecting your data and as such, GB takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g. credit card information), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
Children under the Age of 13
GB's website and service is not directed to and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system's database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
If you have subscribed to our e-mail newsletters, you will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from future mailings by logging into your account and modifying your preferences. You will also have the opportunity to "opt-out" of commercial e-mail from the applicable GB service by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly. GB will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
Links to other Websites
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us